The weather was incredible. We had left a sooty, smoggy world here and down there the sky was clear blue and the temperature was in the high 50s. I know that would sound cold to anyone used to 80s or 90s but in the middle of the winter that is practically tropical.
We started our vacation out with hamburgers and shakes from In 'N Out in Orem. The kids veged watching movies all the way down.
The kids and Cam swam--though I preferred the side of the pool fully clothed (maybe it wasn't THAT tropical!).

My first morning there I ran 7 miles outside and it was exhilarating. I didn't want to stop--so much better than going around and around the BYU track.
We went on a hike to the temple quarry where the Pioneers took rock for the foundation of the St. George Temple.
It was entirely flat, with gorgeous views and perfect for kids!
Cam reveled in the history of it all. It was a blast.
We also went hiking to the Narrows and over some beautiful red rocks.

I got a little scared on this one. My fear of heights kicked in and I had to get out of there FAST.


The funniest part of trip was when Coleman woke up on Sunday and announced that he had forgotten his church clothes. So . . . we improvised. All I could of was when in high school my friends and I were in St. George for Spring Break and we had also forgotten clothes. We wore night gowns and tennis shoes. It was pretty embarrassing, but we got through it.


We started digging up some clothes for Coleman. We tried Grandpa's, Dad's and my pants and nothing really seemed to work. We finally jimmy-rigged my kakhis with a rope and Calvin sacrificed his new cordoruoy jacket from Savers and Cy even gave him his shirt to wear under the jacket (that way you couldn't see how short the sleeves were). He looked half hobo/half cute but we laughed our heads off. I told him not to admit he was related to Grandpa Davis whose ward we were going to--but told him the Lord wasn't looking at his clothes, but his heart.
I usually only celebrate Civil Rights Day by being happy that my kids don't have school. This year, I actually had us all watch a movie about Dr. King and the civil rights movement. I even read them the "I Have a Dream" speech as we drove out of St. George and headed back home. I felt especially grateful as I read on and on (and no one really listened), that my life was already a dream. How grateful I was to have another weekend to spend together as a family.












8 comments:
aowww I wuv ya!
Looks like such a fun trip! You look gorgeous there Steph! Love the last minute church outfit as well. :)
So cool. I am so glad you took that trip:) I love Calvin's Church clothes (kind of like Keller's 6-12 month pants at Adam's wedding!) You look so beautiful in all the photos!
I love it! It sounds so fun!!
That is just our kind of trip! We love St. George. . . and you! Love the pics, awesome post!
You are the cutest family! We love you guys.
Nik
I have a massive fear of heights also!! When we went to Bryce Canyon, John had to leave me while he took the kids (luckily I could blame it on holding baby Spencer who was only six weeks old). Looks like a great trip!
Choco on mu face in the car-car
Post a Comment