Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sandwich Notes

The other day as I was making lunches for my kids, I ran out of strawberry jam and so I decided to put peach jam on Cy's sandwich.  Because Calvin doesn't like peach jam, I had to make sure that I marked which one was his so he wouldn't end up with the wrong one.  As I went to write their names, I thought I would leave them a little surprise to find as they opened their lunches and wrote, I LOVE Cy, and I LOVE CAL.  I didn't think anyone would really care, I mostly did it to keep the sandwiches straight, but I did want them to feel my love for them in the middle of the day, on a long sticky lunch table surrounded by their sweaty little friends.
Cal on the first day of 5th Grade
But I have to admit I was surprised by their reaction.  After school, Cal came home and immediately said, "Hey, mom, I found your note!  Thanks!"  And then Cy said, "Yeah, everyone said, "You must feel embarrassing.  But I said, 'Are you kidding?  That is a masterpiece!"

Cy on the first day of 3rd Grade
I gushed.  My little boys--in the midst of the lunchroom--loved their mom and weren't ashamed to admit it.

1 comment:

Sarah Anne said...

Oh my adorable, I love this.