

We woke on Thursday morning to find the Spring rains had turned to snow during the night and dumped 13 inches of snow on our roof, our newly installed trampoline, and our mailbox.

Last year, we watched a movie on the airplane to Hawaii, this year we saw two movies at Movies 8. Last year, we swam in the waterfalls, rode the waves, and gawked at a seal and a turtle who had come to the shore for a little sun. This year, we sat beneath the huge water bucket that dumped itself every few minutes, and screamed as we twisted and turned through the pitch black waterslide at the Lehi Pool. Last year, we stayed in a luxury condo with all of our cousins. This year we stayed at a second rate hotel that the kids thought was fantastic. We swam in a tiny pool sans waterfalls and rock hot tubs, but somehow the water was just as exciting. All they needed was some treats, elevators to ride, a free breakfast, and a dinner at Olive Garden. Last year we spent about $3,000. This year, about $200. I'm not sure it mattered to the kids. 
Rock climbing at the Children's Museum.
Cy taking up more than his fair share of the pullout couch. 
Eating the breakfast of champions.
Fun in the elevator.
And the escalators at the Church History Museum. What else did we see? They can't remember. Coleman was only mad that he wasn't the last one to come down the escalator because Calvin hid behind the corner. All in all another successful Spring Break.

4 comments:
I love it!!! I think it is so true that kids are so easy to satisfy as long as they are having fun and they are loved they don't care where they are. Why do we get so picky when we grow up??? I love that you guys had fun. I've decided that taking advantage of all that Utah has to offer isn't so bad. Glad you had such a fun time!
I CANNOT believe that snow! Wow, it's like you live out here or something (wouldn't that be great?!)
We learned that vacationing from home CAN be just as much fun as the far away expensive places. Looks like you guys had a great time!
I'm dying over the amount of snow you guys had. We didn't get a drop of it this year and I must say I kinda wished we did... but this... wow. I'm so sorry.
And your boys are the stinkin' cutest things ever. yay for moms with boys. we are the champions.
The weather has just been crazy everywhere. But 13 inches of snow...wow! Glad you guys were able to have fun and enjoy this Spring Break even if it wasn't on the beaches of Hawaii this time.
Post a Comment