I just got back from spending eight hours in the temple. And I just have to recommend it to all of you to do at least once a year. Ok, I came home and my kids were lost --it literally took thirty minutes to find Calvin, and Coleman was in this self-hatred mood-- so I guess my presence at home does actually make a difference, BUT if you ever have a chance to get away for an entire day, I can't tell you how beautiful and peaceful it was and how much I learned in one short day.
Usually, I run to the temple, swallowing my sandwich as I jump from the car and race in to catch the next session. My heart rate and mind are swirling from kids, house, calling, what's for dinner, and how long will those dishes in my sink take to wash? But today was entirely different. Because I knew I was going to be there the whole day, I just approached everything with just calmness. I didn't care how long I had to wait for my turn. I just wanted to soak the Spirit in and it literally drenched me. I was able to do two endowment sessions (Cam joined me for the second) as well as sealings and initiatory. I took my meals and ate them in the cafeteria between sessions. I was never hungry. I was never bored. I absolutely loved it. I didn't really notice how calm and peaceful everything felt until Cam met me at the end of the day. He had had a really busy day--running from teaching to observing all over the valley and had to take a few deep breaths just to center himself now that he was there. It made me realize how much we all need to take that time to BE STILL and know that He is God. I think I am being still when I kneel down and pray for 2 minutes, but I'm really not. I'm really busily trying to hurry everything along. God knows this. He is the one that sent us here in a fallen world--but He has asked us to BE STILL at times and I learned today better about what that means. And I want to feel it again. It was amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love your posts of inspiration. Be still is such an important thing in these days when we go and go and never take the time to be thoughtful and listen to the spirit. How wonderful that you were able to spend the whole day. I am in the time of life where I can rarely go to the temple because of the age of my children...I guess there is a time and season for everything.
I love it! How wonderful that you got to do that! I miss the days of being a receptionist at the S.D. Temple, to be able to be in a holy place for several hours each week.
Thanks for sharing. I hadn't thought of going for so long. Although I get there pretty regularly, I'm sure it makes a huge difference to be there for so long now and then. I know I need to do that more often in my life. I miss the days of our temple "co-op" group, but I am so grateful for the times we shared back then. Love ya
Post a Comment