Easter was incredible this year. And not just an incredible mess.
How perfect that we had Easter, General Conference, and Spring Break all at the same time! I have never had a more relaxing and wonderful week (well, I guess I have in Kauai . . . ), but still it was great. Spring break for Homeschool moms is a little different--I was the one who needed the break from school! It was so nice to have time during the day to get my stuff done. So . . . this year my kids didn't get to do anything cool, but I think they still enjoyed it.
I organized my freezer, "my junk drawer,"and I cleaned my windows, inside and out, (Calvin helped by climbing on the roof--I didn't have to work to hard to convince him!), we woke up late almost every day, read, watched movies, and had fun. We colored eggs and discolored our chairs.
Of course, we had an Easter Egg hunt. The kids hid dad's treats in the office.
We stayed in there and watched a movie about the Savior off of LDS.org.
And then went downstairs and soaked in the rest of the words from the Prophets. It was Heavenly!

4 comments:
ooh...that does sound like a perfect week/weekend! I love when Easter and General conference coincide (spring break too but I don't have to worry about that for a few more years. yay!)
I got the strawberries a couple of weeks ago (when I made it) at Walmart - they were like $.98 per carton and I think all of the same took 2.5 cartons.
I LOVED Easter/conference weekend too! What an amazing conference. we were in Utah en route to Venice. I had brought something with me to give to you but got to crazy and never made it over...I'll have to bring it with me next time :)
so sweet. Love you Steff, love your constant example to me.
I LOOK "awesome..." in the last picture.
Eeewww!
Post a Comment