"Sure, but what is it?"
He walked away and I followed him into his room where he started to cry. "I'm giving this to the bishop so that Heavenly Father will bless Cy so that he will grow up to be a good boy. Can you give it to him right now?"
"Well, I can on Sunday. The Lord already knows what you offered, and he will bless Cy."
"I'm afraid he won't answer my prayer because he hasn't yet." Interpretation: Cy was still acting like the crazy 5 year old that he is . . . and God hadn't changed him yet.
I convinced him that Heavenly Father would bless Cy, but that this kind of a prayer takes years to answer. (Don't all mothers know that!) But that with Calvin's example, it would probably even go faster.


3 comments:
Oh my goodness. Is Calvin truly so pure hearted (or is a better, question, is Cy really so antagonistic?!)? What great faith he has! I love this. I love your kids. And I'm so so happy that we can be in touch via the wonderful blogosphere!
It is 100% Calvin! He is seriously unreal. Cy is, of course, a typical wild man . . . But Cal has been worrying about Cy's soul for a while now. Every night he prays for him, but he doesn't do it in front of Cy, but says, "And I'll pray about the thing you know about in my room."
Marc and I are cracking up at this one. Have you seen that photo of him in the cousin's shots yet it is our favorite!!!
Love you
Post a Comment