Well, it's been just about as long since I've had a stick of gum, but somehow Classic Skating has returned to its empire. To get this new generation in, they allow you to bring your own roller blades, or even your scooters . . . and it has worked.
We went on a Monday night and the place was packed. Kids, adults, even teenagers doing tricks and rocking out to the music were there. I was impressed with Classic's ability to stay cool when they weren't for so long.


Cy and McKay loved using their scooters.

Calvin got mad at me when we fell down, as if I had pushed him.
And Coleman got scared of this guy when he kept putting his hands on Coleman's back when he passed him. "Hey," he said, "It's either that or I crash into you, kid!"

(Amazingly, he was in the back ground of one of our pictures! We really didn't follow him around for evidence, or anything.)
I only got scared when we were told to make a train and I didn't want to touch anybody else's waist in the place so I put Coleman in front. We made our own sad train, but he wouldn't touch anyone else either. Then out of the blue this huge force came behind us and this guy put his hands around my waist and started pushing. We went around a few times and I think he expected us to grab on to someone else, but neither of us were willing to touch anyone else. He eventually let go and left us in his graphite-wheel dust, but that was OK with me. I was only sad when we had to leave because they were playing Michael Jackson's Thriller and 1981 came roaring back with a vengeance.


1 comment:
What a crack up that guy in the photo was!!! I loved this post. How fun!! I took Carter roller skating when he was 7 and spent half of our time doubled over in laughter. I never knew skates could roll entirely on the back heels!!! Poor Carter. Oh, and if you want to change the music, just click on it, hit manage songs and add what you will.... HAVE A HAPPY DAY
Post a Comment