
With a house full of five year olds for a party, it is easy to become a monster surrounded by a bunch of aliens. But actually this year, I wasn't a stress ball like I usually am. It was actually a fun little party . . . and I only got bugged at one little party-goer who demanded drinks by throwing her arm back, cup in hand, and yelling, "WATER!"


We played with green slime, since that is what aliens eat (or produce).
Before cake and ice cream, we had a battle between the aliens and monsters with water balloons, but one full bag of them popped as soon as I put them on the grass and so the fight was a little shorter than intended. The five year olds didn't seem to care too much, though, when I mentioned the cake and ice cream awaiting us in the house. 

Wake up, Cy, you're 6!
Cy loved the pillow that Coleman made for him.
And he loved his transformer laptop.
Eating his birthday meal (shortening his life by eating at McDonalds!) Although, when he didn't finish his french fries I made him so I wouldn't "waste money." How much sense does that make?
Calvin was included in this year's birthday dinner because Coleman was out with Dave and Kristi. 
Even though we've never seen the movie, we based Cy's party this year on Monsters Vs. Aliens. We started by coloring pictures of their favorite characters
and then we made aliens out of pipe cleaners and styrofoam balls with googly eyes. 
Of course, no alien is complete without its flying saucer and so we made ships out of paper plates that we flew frisbie style in the front yard. I was surprised at how long this activity kept them happy and having fun.
and then we made aliens out of pipe cleaners and styrofoam balls with googly eyes. 
Of course, no alien is complete without its flying saucer and so we made ships out of paper plates that we flew frisbie style in the front yard. I was surprised at how long this activity kept them happy and having fun. 

We played with green slime, since that is what aliens eat (or produce).
Before cake and ice cream, we had a battle between the aliens and monsters with water balloons, but one full bag of them popped as soon as I put them on the grass and so the fight was a little shorter than intended. The five year olds didn't seem to care too much, though, when I mentioned the cake and ice cream awaiting us in the house. 

Wake up, Cy, you're 6!
Cy loved the pillow that Coleman made for him.
And he loved his transformer laptop.
Eating his birthday meal (shortening his life by eating at McDonalds!) Although, when he didn't finish his french fries I made him so I wouldn't "waste money." How much sense does that make?
Calvin was included in this year's birthday dinner because Coleman was out with Dave and Kristi. 
We love you, Cy!

3 comments:
steff you are a genius. Those activities were amazing!!! I want to do all of them! Will you help me plan birthday parties that will keep children occupied & having fun one day?
What a fun party! You are so creative! What a good mom you are. Happy 6th to Cy!
I couldn't read a word of this post because I was so fixated on how 'cut' your little skinny arms are Steff! You look so great!
Post a Comment