Picture this:
(Or your aunt and uncle)
(Or your awesome mom who came along for the 29 hour van ride)running day and night,












ski poles, garmins, ipods, 
a borrowed van (that has to be cleaned at 10:30 pm after the race), 
the covenant of marriage, 
and midnight cafeteria spaghetti.

and inside jokes.
The result?
pillows, brushes or deodorant
We call it a Ragnar Relay.
Ragnar's Top (Or Bottom) Twenty:
1. Mom's reaction to people heading for the disaster in toilet number 5.
2. Kristi yelling, "You guys are LIARS" at the top of her lungs when her downhill turned into a major uphill.
3. Michael playing the archangel for a runner about ready to collapse.
4. Steffani running all but two-tenths of a mile up the bottom of "Ragnar" with a "perma-smile."
5. David's first and last 7 minute mile.
6. Jimmy's consistent 7 minute mile.
7. Jimmy's sub-6 minute mile in pouring rain across the finish line.
8. Jimmy and Gina trying to take out the team in front of us in the gates.
9. "Take two lefts and then a right" or NOT.
10. Michael's hot pad on the back of his shoe.
11. Sleeping (or not) with the lights on.
12. The smell of tiger balm.
13. Kristi's peanut butter cookies.
14. Cynthia only drinking a half cup of chocolate milk the entire time. Hydration? What's that?
15. Eden, mountains, reservoirs, rain, sunsets, sunrises, and cows.
16. Kristi waking up lip to lip with a stranger.
17. "Sorry, David, we forgot your legs were like this."
18. Cynthia, Jimmy, and Kristi getting countless "kills."
19. Steffani, David, and Michael getting "killed."
20. Running the Ragnar with people you love.

7 comments:
It looks soooo fun!!!!
I want to do it some time. Kristi's peanut butter cookies sound GOOD!
awesome. ok...maybe this will convince me to do it next year. I need to start exercising first- booo.
Steff, first off, I never got a kill until my downhill run and only then I think I just passed the FLDS lady (but then I think she passed me when I had to take a detour down into the gully for a while:)
I loved your post. You are funny!
Thanks for the memories. My neighbors asked me if I wanted to do the Las Vegas ragnar and I told them I wouldn't even consider this soon after the other one:) I may be physically recovered, but emotionally is going to take a while.
Tell Coleman, I will make him some cookies.
I'm always looking for excuses to make them,
Kristi
Okay That was a world class write up! Thanks again so much for letting me join the "Reever Fever" team. I was honered. Lack of Sleep, pouring rain, and that one filthly port-o-potty included, That was 29 hours and 55 minutes I will always remember fondly!
--Jimmy
Hey Stephanie,
Sounds like you guys had a blast! What a fun family you have! We are going to be in Utah next week and thought it would be fun to get together with you and Cynth and your momma and pappa and Jeff and who ever is available. How does Friday the 17th sound for lunch something? Janette
jnjdabbs@sbcglobal.net
(317)773-0562
This was totally amazing to read about. And looking it all over just reminded me that I love your family so much I could just cry. And hey, isn't that Jimmy just the best thing ever?
Congratulations, truly, on a fantastic run. You are awesome!
WONDERFUL!!! We miss you!
Post a Comment