Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nice Trick


Cy just asked me for some milk. I haven't been to the store in over a week and we are out of milk. I had what we call "fake" milk--the stuff you reconstitute from the cannery, so I whipped up some for him. He had already had it (unbeknown to him) on his cereal and he'd finished all the milk in the bowl so I figured he liked it.

I poured him a glass and put it on the table. I went in the office to check email and he walked in a few minutes later and said, "Nice trick, Mom." And he burst into tears as he walked back down the hallway.

"What?"

"What were you doing? Trying to poison me?"

I guess the "fake" milk tastes a little different without Honeycomb inside it. Sorry, Cy, but can you blame me? I grew up finding weevils in my Top Ramen, green mold on my bread, and foul tasting cheese when my mom tried to "trick" me. Hey, we built up our immune systems (I'm the healthiest person I know), and we didn't waste it! Those starving children in China would have been so proud.

4 comments:

debi said...

killer funny .....i love that picture too!!

Nixon Family said...

That is pretty funny. I will miss seeing you over at the school as well. I really miss Orem. Hope all is well with your family

Sara Jensen said...

Gotta love powdered milk!!! Not really, I wonder if all of my cavities came from not drinking (the powdered) milk as a child-Yikes!

Sarah Anne said...

Powdered milk is nasty alone. I agree with your son.