Thursday, October 15, 2009

2009 Spooky Dinner

Two weeks ago we had our 7th annual Spooky Dinner with Jeff and Lisa's family.




Daphne's leg was missing; Coleman was the Ace of the Party, and Calvin (as Gangster Al Capone)
kept everyone in line with his homemade Tommy Gun.


Filling the cups with the pina--goo-lada,
Coleman and Jeffrey dripped the bloody corn-syrup on the cups that morning. 


Jeff was Mr. Rorka with his love affair from Fantasy Island.


I loved my witch tights and my vampire.


Why is there a feather in my face?  How come I didn't notice it?  Wierd!


Sammy was Miley Cyrus, Cy the Vampire with his Vampiress Emma.
Jeffrey was the guy from KISS--wearing a stirrup outfit from Lisa's college days (the one she wore when she came over to our house the first time to give Jeff some cookies.  We'll never forget how beautiful she was that night.  Thank heavens, her makeup was a little bit different than Jeffrey's.)

Won't you join us for some . . .
(this part always makes Cam sick)


Gruesome Garden Compost Salad .  .


topped with Viscious Vampire Teeth, and Scabs of Horned Toads . . .


Scary Splintered Bones (apples) and dress it with Sickly Side of Sewage . . .


Wash it down with Frothing Vulture Vomit . . .
(no wonder Coleman hates drinking his green smoothie!)



Add some Gnarled Lizzard Gizzards . . .


Enjoy a Chilled and Congealed Cyclopse Heart with the Fermented Brain of Frankenstein . . .




Then savor the Bloodcurdling Brew with Deer Droppings and Ghoulish Gobblin Guts . . .


Complete with a side of human head . . .
(designed by Coleman)

Gobble down Mini-Mummies served with a side of Dreadful Dracula's Blood . . .




And please don't forget to use your Grave Diggers (spoons) and Devil's Prods (forks).


Sounds delicious, right?  It was!

7 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

GROSS!!!

Can I come next time? Lol, j/k.

Sara Jensen said...

how much for for the kids (and the grown ups)! What a beautiful house too!

Liz, in New York said...

This is amazing! You guys know how to throw one awesome Halloween party...and how are you so organized as to put it all together a couple of weeks before the holiday?!...I just put up my Halloween decorations a couple of days ago!

COLEMAN said...

You have been awarded with the Kreative Blog Award!

go to my blog!

LOVE YA

Brigitta said...

Just had to say hello. I popped in from abigails blog. I saw Jeff's update on Facebook about their sweet little abigail and he gave out the blog address, so I have been checking on her updates. Praying and thinking about their sweet family.
1. your kids are absolutely adorable!!!

2. You look exactly the same since I last saw you like 20 years ago in High school, and Cam looks exactly the same. Let's just say you guys haven't aged at all!!!

3. Read some of your blog posts and they are oh so good and fun. Good to see you again.

McGuire's said...

Hey Steffani! This is Emily McGuire, found your blog through shalayne's. You are so funny, and such a good writer. I've tried commenting a few times, but my computer is "special" and sometimes it doesn't work. Your party looked great. Love that Cam was a vampire. The scabs and volture vomit made me a little sick too. our blog is www.garrettandemilymcguire.blogspot.com. Glad things are going well!

Don&Stacy&Boys said...

That is awesome! You guys are so creative. I bet your kids and you had a blast.