On Sunday, I had an idea. As I was reading about charity, I decided to write down what charity wasn't--so I could avoid those behaviors, and maybe enlarge my own soul and enlarge Christ's pure love in my life. So I began writing the opposite of charity, using Moroni 8. I thought I would share some of the insights I gained.
Littleness of soul and selfishness is the opposite of charity.
Littleness of soul . . .
--is impatient, and refuses to suffer either by God or by others, is never inconvenienced,
--is mean, rude, short, unkind,
--envies, wants what others have, ungrateful, doesn’t recognize the wonderful things she has,
--is puffed up, thinks she is better than others, falsely great, arrogant, full of air and no substance,
--seeks her own, always goes first in line for food, water or the door, seeks to please herself and what she wants first, never seeking to help others,
--easily provoked to anger, fear, or hurt feelings, easily offended, easily hurt, on the boiling point, yells easily, engages in contention,
--thinketh evil about others, finds faults in others, doesn’t drive out negative or sinful, lustful thoughts, dwells on evil images, ideas, thoughts,
--rejoiceth in iniquity, it feels good to be mad, to get even, to talk bad about others, gossips, to find the sins in others, to watch bad movies, listen to bad music, and invites others to do the same,
--rejoices in lies from Satan, lies from the world, lies about others and themselves,
--refuses to carry burdens, gets angry when asked to go through trials, seeks vengeance on any who inflict burdens, inconveniences, curses God for burdens, trials,
--is skeptical, everything has to be proven, questions everything from God and church leaders,
--is discouraged, refusing to hope, everything is catastrophic, never-ending, hopeless, there is no faith in Christ to help, save or alleviate,
--wants things to end immediately, angry in waiting,
Selfishness and littleness of soul is the core of Satan and it doesn’t last and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be disastrous with her.

4 comments:
I love you mom,
you are so wonderful!
Really? I was having such a nice day! Just kidding. I loved this list. I too want with all my heart to become charity.
Thanks for the reminder of what it isn't. Great!
Kristi
Steff,
I loved reading this. It was really cool to look at it this way! I have so far to go before I can be what charity is...you are one of the most charitable people I know, the fact that you are so concerned about it also makes you full of humility as well. I've been wanting so badly to call you and see how thing are going with home school etc. I'll be in touch soon. Love you.
I love this. I really really love it. Thank you so much for sharing it. What an amazing lady you are!
Post a Comment