Monday, October 5, 2009

Guardian Angels

Coleman has guardian angels.  They watch, and listen, and love, and swoop down whenever they are needed.  I remember many years ago one of them  (David) missing his own lunch break to sit and read to Coleman while I talked with a doctor in another room.  I remember a group of defending angels (Michael and Cynthia and others) jumping in when a distant cousin made fun of him at a family reunion.  I remember angels joining us in the temple.

Coleman's angels moved in again this weekend.  When Coleman was feeling lonely and different after seeing a group of seventh graders walking through our neighborhood, he posted a blog about his feelings and showed a LONE period to symbolize himself.  His angels were quick to respond. 

David wrote,

Can you add a dot by yours and know that it is from me? I love to be around you and I am always impressed with your gifts and talents.  Have a great weekend and I'll see you at family dinner.

Kristi wrote,

You have a great ability to express real thoughts and feelings. That is rare in someone your age. I love you for it!  Have a great conference weekend,

And Debi wrote,


Oh Coleman,


If only it stopped in 7th grade! I'll admit only to you, that I am sometimes my most lonely in a crowded group. I call it the 'apple in a bowl of oranges' syndrome. We are all fruit, but I am just always going to be a bit 'appley'. I love you Coleman. I mean that. When I read your blog, I just get awash in love for you. Thanks for your beautiful writing.

As a mother, at first you really do give your childern everything they need.  As a fetus, you supply their growing body within you all the nutrients they need to develop.  After they are born, you are still their main connection to food, warmth, and love.  But as they grow, others come and bless their lives in ways that you cannot.  Perhaps it is BECAUSE you have always loved and will always love them, that they need to know that someone-- who doesn't HAVE to--loves them and thinks they are worthwhile.  I would expect each person to maybe have one of those angels in their life.  For some reason, the Lord sent more than that to Coleman and I can only say thank you for it.  We love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny you wrote this post. I can't stop thinkingn about your greatness today. You INSPIRE me!!!
Love you,
Kristi