Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hawaii Done Ugly



Have you ever been to Hawaii?  Before you leave, you are packing your bags and you are imagining yourself walking hand in hand with your hubby down the beach, or swinging in a hammoc, your hair softly pulled back with the flower he just picked for you.  Your swimming suit fits and you are as sweet as a pina colada


Well, at least, that's the dream, but if you were born with hair like me and a chest like me, it just never quite works out that well.  Usually, it's no big deal.  Before we were married, Cam and I went to Lake Powell together, which was one of my tests--If you can stand me in Lake Powell with my lion hair, then  you can marry me.  I don't brush my hair down there the entire time and it used to be long and unruly and after a week's worth of boat-rides flipping and flapping it around, it is tied in knots and swelling like a mane around my face.  Anyway, Cam survived that.  He survives me in Hawaii.


But this year was different.  I went to Hawaii in August with Miss America and her family and seriously, I have to say it is hard being Miss New Mexico.  Of course, it doesn't really matter.  But when you have a cold and your sband won't touch you or kiss you (it's a Cam-thing) and you are looking around and you see beautiful people everywhere you look; it can start to make you feel a little insecure.  Of course, after a huge despondent crying fest, Cam felt sorry for me and risked the germs--I felt better. 


(Seriously, click on this picture and take a look at the mane surrounding my head!)

(Here, the mane had to be controlled with a head band. )

















But after I got these pictures I just realized I am not pretty in Hawaii and I guess it's fine because the island makes up for that. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will never EVER convince me that you are not pretty no matter where you are. I loved your pictures. That is what is so great about you. You are even beautiful with "full" hair.
Would you please remind Cam that he gets more germs in one day of shaking peoples hands at work than he will get from a whole day of good kisses:)
Loved this post. Ironic enough....I usually feel this way when I go with your family to Hawaii!
I love you Steff....so much!
Kristi

Nixon Family said...

It looks like you had lots of fun and your hair doesn't look bad at all. With this your family that you went with? We might go next year so we'll have to talk and find our the best places to go.
Wendy

COLEMAN said...

HAHA! Love you

debi said...

A virtual impossibility...

Danny and Shalayne said...

Steff...you are too absurd! You DO NOT look like a lion, nor has the word "mane" EVERY crossed my mind! I think you are gorgeous! I think your hair is gorgeous! And you are always gorgeous and a blast to be around! I can't wait for Hawaii 20..?!