
Somehow, the Stake Choir leader convinced me to join the Christmas Stake Choir. I haven't been in a choir for about 5 years. When she called I was reticent, but I didn't dare say no.
And I am so glad I didn't. I went tonight. As I pulled away from my house, Cy was arranging basketballs in the grass and waving goodbye. Cam was in the backyard playing with the Calvin and Coleman and their guillotine they made. The air was warm and breezy and everything was green. I ran to the library to get a copy of the BIG READ book-- Tom Sawyer --and an illustrated one for Calvin for our next unit. I felt excited about the prospects of upcoming activities with the kids. I drove to the church. The doors to the chapel were open and the choir seats were filled. I sat down and sang songs with this amazing choir for an hour and a half. We sang about the Savior and the joy in his birth and I felt peace. I knew I was where I needed to be. I knew God loved me and He approved of my life. All was right with the world. The Savior was born and he lives, and I get to sing about him and about Christmas for the next three months--a perfect gift for Christmas.

3 comments:
I am so glad you are still singing. I've always thought you have the most beautiful voice I've ever heard!
1. I too love your voice and love this post. I am positive thats what it is all about.
2. Did you say Guillotine?
:)
Don't Guillotine and peace go hand in hand? I guess in a house full of boys, they do! Luckily, they weren't cutting each other's heads off--only clay people they had made!
Post a Comment