Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cure for Depression




During scripture study last night, we read about how the Sons of Mosiah were "depressed" and were about to "turn back" after they had started teaching the Lamanites. Cam pointed out how they turned to the Lord and he comforted them and told them that if they would be patient he would give them success. Coleman said he liked the verse because the Lord called the Lamanites (those who had hurt them and been mean to them FOREVER), their brethren. The Lord knew who these people were and that all of us are brothers and sisters. Then Cam asked the kids if they have ever felt sad or "depressed." Cy was first to speak up, "I was sad this day." (That's a direct quote.) He didn't want to go to the library for Family Home Evening.
"Well, what did you do to not be sad?" we asked.
"I took a deep breath and took a drink of water, and wiped off my tears." Sounds pretty good.
I'm going to try that next time.

3 comments:

COLEMAN said...

That was so sweet.

Sara Jensen said...

I love reading your posts!

The Bennetts said...

Just the thought I needed for today. Thanks for sharing your sweet family.