On July 9, the day after his birthday, Cy was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
It was a wonderful day--and very sad that it was our last family baptism.
For the opening song, everyone bore their testimony to Cy by singing, "I Know that Jesus Lives."The words are: I know that Jesus lives and that he loves me.
I know a prophet leads our church and guides me.
I know the Book of Mormon is a witness of Jesus Christ.
I know the gospel's true. The gospel is true!
Coleman and Calvin played, "I am a Child of God." They sounded awesome!
Our great friends, the Allens came.
Amazing Aunt Nikki played the piano for us. Kale wanted to help.
Grandpa Rand and Cy.
Buddies forever!
Most of our family was out of town, but we were still able to have some of our wonderful family and friends. It meant a lot that Jeff would reschedule his boy scout camp so he could be there.
Grandma Shirlee gave a great talk on baptism. She gave Cy a Lego gateway since baptism is the Gateway into God's Kingdom. Then she used his shoes to show the steps he was taking to make this covenant. With each step that he took, he would receive something back from his Father in Heaven. He would get light from the gift of the Holy Ghost (she gave him a flashlight), the ability to repent (she gave him socks with gray toes and heel that he could stamp out sin and the Lego Game Sorry since he needed to feel sorry when he repented). It was wonderful and very visual for Cy!
Cy was surrounded by his grandfathers, TJ, Jeff, Eric Allen, Uncle Mike and his dad when he was confirmed a member of the Church. It was a beautiful blessing and in it, Cam directed Cy to "look to the priesthood in the circle" and to watch "how they treat the women in their lives" and to follow their example. He also told him to "cultivate the spirit's gifts" and to "become a great missionary" someday. It was a beautiful blessing.
Grandpa Reeves, CeLisa, TJ and Nikki, and Jen Allen.Cam with uncle Mike.
Lisa was the LIFE SAVER of the day! She basically did all of the food--granola, homemade yogurt, and breakfast casseroles. She was amazing and totally saved me because I got really sick a few days before and with Cy's birthday party and cleaning the house, I would have died without her help! Thank you so much, Lisa!
Grandma Reeves and Samantha.
Eric and Jen Allen.
Coleman.
One of the sweetest things I heard all day was my Uncle Mike talking to Cy. He told him, "Cy, I am so happy that you were baptized today, and do you want to know what is even more amazing is that you had a father who was worthy to baptize you." What a blessing!
Grandma Reeves gave the talk on the Holy Ghost and it was wonderful. She invited Cy up to the front and wrapped him up in a comforter and asked him how he felt. "Warm." She told him the Holy Ghost was also called the Comforter because it can comfort us and help us when we need it. She had his name embroidered on the blanket with his baptism date. She asked him to read it and he said, "7 minus 9 minus 11." It was so cute, then she had him read the scripture she had embroidered underneath his name, "And I will pray the Father and he shall give you and another comforter that he may abide with
you forever." Thanks, Grandma!
Kale enjoying the luncheon.
Daphne.
Baby Abigail and Jeff.
Coleman with sweet Jace.
Cy painted this picture of baptism a few years ago. We used it to decorate the tables.
Pictures of Cy for the tables.
Later that night, we took Cy by himself out to dinner for his birthday and to celebrate his baptism at Brick Oven.
Sadly, we were too full for the free dessert they brought.
I, of course, ate it out of guilt.
With dad.
Cy tried to really open his eyes for this picture.
It was a fantastic day! We love you, Cy!










3 comments:
That picture with me and baby Jace is so cute, but I don't know why my face contorted like that! Love you all, it was a great baptism.
i am so sad we weren't able to be there! I love going to the nephews baptisms! It looks like it was wonderful and we definitely missed out.
Awww, admittedly sad we missed it! I hate living far away! Cy is my bud and I am so proud of him :) Hugs, from aunt debs.
Post a Comment