Saturday, August 13, 2011

Taking Time for the Temple

In July, I challenged the primary kids to go to the temple with their families and while they were there, I asked them to draw, paint or sculpt the temple.  We had done this a few years ago and it was a wonderful experience to feel the Spirit at the temple.  I also wanted all of the kids to have a picture of the temple to hang in their rooms.  
 Unfortunately, we chose a night where a storm was gathering.  After a few minutes of being there, the wind started to blow and the clouds darkened.
 We ran to the car for cover and painted the rest of our masterpieces inside the car.




 They all turned out wonderfully!
I love to see the temple,
I'll go inside someday.
I'll covenant with my Father.
I'll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place,
where we are sealed together.
As a child of God I've learned this truth,
A family is forever!

2 comments:

debi said...

i love this idea

in fact, my f.h.e. lesson tomorrow included something similar.

i am having the kids picture their future spouses, and which temple they will get married in and then draw the whole thing

then i am framing them and putting them up on their bedroom walls

twinners are winners steff

Danny and Shalayne said...

that is adorable and such a good idea! I am going to have to relay this on to our primary president and do it in our family - I might need to give it another year or so though.