Monday, February 2, 2009

Done--With a Dad

This Sunday was different. Dad was home.

I didn't make any bread. I didn't chop any vegetables. I didn't go to any meetings. I had time to prepare family home evening.
Coleman read in his scouting book about how to deal with blisters, and Calvin memorized how a Cub Scout follows Akela. (Seriously, what is that? Why does scouting have to be so wierd?)


Calvin and Dad played chess.

Cy spun in circles on the floor.

Dad was home and it was nice.

2 comments:

liza said...

Steff, I so appreciate your honesty in these thoughtful posts. I feel like I can relate to some of what you are experiencing and somehow it is helpful to know I am not alone. Love you!

Liz, in New York said...

Oh, so true. I agree with what Liza said. I had no idea until I got married how much of my life I would be doing WITHOUT my husband. Sometimes I think, "wait, isn't this why I did it in the first place? and now he's gone all the time?!" In any case, it's always wonderful when Dad is home, isn't it?