"Of course", I replied.
"Well, I just know it is hard dealing with [unnamed things] and so I just didn't know."
I tried to assure him that I loved being a mom, but all day I felt that my answer wasn't quite all I wanted to say on the subject.
I tried to assure him that I loved being a mom, but all day I felt that my answer wasn't quite all I wanted to say on the subject.
And so, this is my more complete response to Calvin.
Yeah, motherhood is hard. I hate being the one who has to cut up the raw chicken.
But I love to see joy in my children's faces.

I hate the pile of snow clothes by my front door that have sat there for over a week that we all just keep stepping over.But I love reading with my kids.

I hate unmade beds (why is mine unmade so much of the time, then?).
But I love watching you sleep.



I hate when you fight.
But, I love when you make up.
I love dressing up at Halloween and eating spooky foods.



And I love when you dress like it's Halloween even when it's not.
But I love that you can play.
I hate worrying that you'll inherit all of my weaknesses.
But, I love seeing the gifts that Heavenly Father sent you here with.
(Coleman setting up a "Fair" for the family.)
(Calvin writing his novel.)

I hate when my kitchen looks like this.
(Coleman setting up a "Fair" for the family.)
I hate when my kitchen looks like this.
But I love when you look like this.


I love seeing you discover the world around you and be fascinated by what you find.


I love to make you feel special, letting you be King for the Day.




I love your laughter.

I love your silly faces.

I love sharing my testimony about Jesus and the Gospel with you.

I love sharing my testimony about Jesus and the Gospel with you.

(At the Sacred Grove.)I love your questions. I love your prayers.
I love you. And somehow each of you help me forget about the other things I don't love.

4 comments:
I loved this post so much. I am grateful you are blogging because I feel I have a better view of your sweet life with those darling boys. I loved the photos, the only problem is that you still do not look old enough to have 3 kids in any of them!!! I love love love you Steff
I love this post. After what we talked about today regarding learning to love my new found life role as a mom, this post seems particularly poignant. Thanks for being who you are...you have an uncanny ability to always make me feel understood, validated, real, and yet aspire to be better. Love you.
What a good mom you are! Isn't it amazing that the things we do in life that are the most challenging are also the most rewarding? Our testimonys grow of Heavenly Father's plan for us in this life and our strength grows because we see that through his help we can be successful in doing the things that mean the most, like being a mother. What a great post this is!
YOU ARE THE BEST. LOVE, LISA
Post a Comment