Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Discovery

I love the rare day where you take your kids somewhere and you feel like you could burst. You are so proud of yourself for getting out the door. Everyone has brushed hair (maybe not teeth, though) and clean clothes. You actually showered and did your hair and you have on something other than running pants and tennis shoes. You have a packed lunch for each of the kids--fruits and vegetables included--and you even remembered to bring everyone's water bottle. Times are good.


And then when you get there it is even better. The kids are happily playing, their creative juices are flowing and they are being the kids they were meant to be. There work is their play and they are rocking at it. And you are the mom that brought them to this imaginary-land and you are so proud and so happy to be a mom, so happy that you were called to nurture and love and care for these giant spirits.



Collecting food before the generators go out in Ember.

Being the blacksmith Cal's always wanted to be.

A little Olympics move down the stairs.

Well, like I said, it is a rare day, but it happened after the NEA Read Across America thing we went to last week at the children's museum at the Gateway and I was so happy I ended up buying a years' membership to the place, even though it is 50 miles from home, I had to get that feeling at least once a month, right?



Piling in's part of the fun.

Working with a complete stranger.

No comments: